Friday, March 27, 2009

Entry 004 | Little Children

One time (last night) I was having dinner with Al at a Korean/Japanese restaurant. Our dining experience was peppered with the company of a dynamic brother and sister duo, ages 5 and 8. Their names were Mahkaal and Nina and they were very curious about us and our boiling fish stew that had just come out. They kept asking where it came from and we kept saying, "the kitchen." Shouldn't that be kind of obvious even for a 5 year old? Anyhoo, while I typically find it annoying having to humor other ppl's children when my food arrives and all I can think about is dunking my face into the pot of hot yummy seafood stew, this exceptional pair made dinner more fun. I definitely wasn't the type of kid who wandered about and invited myself to sit at strangers' dinner tables as a kid, but I enjoy kids who are. Mahkall and Nina were great conversationalists, asking questions such as, "Where's that food from?", "Are you guys big kids?", "Can you drive a car?", and my favorite, "Does that [soup] smell like poo poo?" Saying poo poo and pee pee seems to make kids laugh hysterically. Needless to say, I was a riot - pee & poo are right up my alley.


The best line of the night was when Nina said that my face makes a tingling in her belly. I'm going to assume she meant that my face makes her laugh. And I'm going to assume that it was meant to be a compliment.

If Nina were in 2D, she'd look like this Yoshitomo Nara drawing:


Yoshitomo Nara, 'The Little Star Dweller' (2006)
Courtesy of Tomio Koyama Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment