Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Entry 001 | Simon Pegg


In the last two weekends, I watched two rentals that starred the actor, Simon Pegg. He is one of my new favorite actors. Maybe best known for his role as Shaun in Shaun of the Dead ( I have yet to watch), Pegg plays essentially the same character in the movies, Run Fatboy Run and How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. His character comes off as a self centered and pesky nuisance of a man, not completely unlike a village idiot who keeps getting himself into a mess of things. He is however, a lovable idiot and throughout the course of the movie, you start to root for him in his quest to conquer whatever ridiculous obstacle or endeavor he's pursuing. I like watching him (or his character) bc he reminds me of myself and my inability to deal with life events. Though the events of Pegg's life ensue at a much higher entertainment level than mine, his perspective on life and ways of dealing with it, I feel, run somewhat parallel to mine.

In other news, I'm intrigued by the laptop sweater by The Post Family. I've been mulling over whether or not to get one for a couple months now. I totally don't need one but that's why it would make a perfect surprise gift for me. (hint hint: to all 4 of you who read this blog).




1 comment: