Thursday, October 8, 2009

Entry 060 | What would I do without TAL

Chris Ware + TAL = Happiness


This week I've been trying unsuccessfully to get a co-worker to listen to This American Life podcasts with me. He wasn't biting so I gave up. (I realize the older I get, the less time I spend trying to get people to care about something and how awesome it is. It's not worth it, I can spend my time better blogging about my realizations instead). But anyhoo, it made me think about some of my favorite episodes from the past. I think I've listened to every episode from when I used to work at a place where I needed lots of good stories to get myself through the day. I remembered one episode where they had recorded a story at Lula Cafe about restaurant tipping. So I revisited that one again today; I had forgotten that there's another hilarious story in the same episode called Allure of the Mean Friend. It's just golden. Both stories actually sorta tie into my recent entry about how being a bitch will make you seem more powerful. I'll post the link here in case you want to listen to it. Acts 1 & 2: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment